RoxyIN

RoxyIN

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Komen Race For The Cure Plano – Be happy with what you have while...

Many times we think we know it all, but we don't. The Komen Race For The Cure in Plano is a “Classic 5k” for me. It was my first "targeted race" when I started to train with coach "O". Happily I was able to run it again. Team Argentina-Barcelona with Maro Marin this year.

We warmed up (melting down a little bit) together as it was a sweet and humid June morning.
All looked so fun with lot of runners around and some “fasty” people as Joshua Thompson, Clint Bell and Ben Apolito. 

On the marks, get ready, set and go! I felt confident knowing the course from previous years so I was very relaxed just to focus on the run. However the turning on Democracy rather than Spring Creek as previous years got part of me lost. I tried to ignore the feeling and just run but mind/heart/legs were not acting as a team.

Lesson learn “Do not take known things from granted” and if you want to push on a race ALWAYS check the course map.

Come on! Catch up the rhythm mom. I really enjoyed Nina Chow's cheering at around mile.5 that helped me to pass a pink t-w/ipod and amazing legs girl J. I kept to the end, even I wasn't able to get any faster, I ended feeling “para la corneta” that means HARD EFFORT which always makes me happy.

Maro got his 3rd overall following Joshua Thompson and Clint Bell, the winner. Kisha Littrell, looking amazing, won the race on the female side. I got 5th overall, still grabbing a cute 2nd AG Hardware.

A great race and always a classic and fun for me. Here results: http://www.wetimeraces.com/RacingSystems/Results/2014/769Overall.HTM




No comments:

Post a Comment