RoxyIN

RoxyIN

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Run in BA – Carrera Grupos LT - Daughter & Mom, Kms vs. Miles

A gift race. Sunday race in El Rosedal de Palermo, a full of memories location. Running as DAUGHTER, with DAD cheering around and as a MOM with SON racing around. A 7km race for MOM. Not as popular distance among local TX races. Not too long but longer than 5k race. A 3km race for SON, around 2 miles minus a half a lap, that means 7 ½ laps talking in track and field language after TAAF.

Palermo’s Rosedal. Mom and Son warmed up together, picked up our packages, wore bibs and lined up at the starting line. Not any familiar face. I had checked the running course on line, however running there was a different experience. I started on a very conservative way, even race was on known lands, lands/roads I used to jog/drive around several years ago while living there, my mind was making little short circuits with km vs miles. Just 7km, however as American runner my unit is a mile, so 7 units race long race compared to a "five-k", just 3.12 units race!

I had a blast running around Bosques de Palermo that reminded me about lot of adventures.  I finally got to finish hard, almost as hard as like with the best gift ever. As a MOM, with my son cheering for me last meters before the finish line where I got to beat a guy! And as a DAUGHTER with my dad cheering at the end while taking pictures and videos.


An awesome experience! And lesson learnt as Daughter & Mom, Kms vs. Miles. For every kilometer children get to walk, parents had to run miles before. Let's teach our kids by example!

  
   
Grupos LT after race group pictures 

No comments:

Post a Comment