RoxyIN

RoxyIN

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Aaron's Race and Roll 5k | Racing Back vs. Back to Races

Aaron's Race and Roll 5k run. I was little afraid. I wasn't sure how to be "no pressure". The most important thing was to enjoy the experience, enjoy the fact that I can go to a race and explore different ways to enjoy it rather than just hoping to get a PR. To appreciate and be grateful that I am running and supporting causes like Aaron's, at the same time sharing and event with my son and inspiring him to enjoy running.
  • Goal: "RUN FOR THE FUN OF RUN!" simple. Test that feeling again. Just "getting a PR as goal has been limiting yourself too much, Roxy!". Get out of it! It might eventually come some day, as a gift :-) So for now enjoy ALL THE OTHER IMPORTANT GIFTS.
  • Result: TOTAL 100% SUCCESS! I was able to get at the start line, relaxed in the middle of the pack. It took me a little effort to find my place with as many little legs around, but finally took off. Started passing some cute girls, then some boys then sorry, some more, and thought Nick is probably back, so kept going. 1st mile beep! and reached some a couple kids running well. There was Nick! Full mile ahead of mom! I pushed some to play paces together, and it seems they followed me some.  Then a couple ladies around my age. I couldn't resist temptation and Gnam!  Eat them Roxy! 2nd mile alone til I spotted a guy to Gnam, gnam! 3 miles done and last .12 "The pleasure of God #1", then waiting for Nick and watching him finish strong "The pleasure of God #2", only little bit over a minute after mom! 
Little gift with a nice 3rd overall female trophy :-) But BIG gift enjoying a race, no pressure, no pain, some delicious gnam ghams! and able to watch Nick finishing strong with a 6th AG result in 23:55
RUN WITH JOY AND FUN, or DO NOT RUN!



No comments:

Post a Comment