RoxyIN

RoxyIN

Saturday, September 20, 2014

TDF 10k – Coins For the Mental and Physical Buckets

Beautiful morning, the last one of this summer. Tomorrow it will be fall, for 2, maybe 3 weeks and then it will start feeling like winter in TX. As the book Champion’s Mind I am reading tells, “Performance is result of training, 90% mental and 50% physical”. TDF one of the “Classic” races in Dallas and great opportunity to have fun while adding coins to the mental and physical buckets.

I am finally feeling healthier! Toes getting fixed [thanks to Dr. Allan Sherman] & muscles feeling good [thanks to listen to your body]. Cardio is another subject these days :-)

Got at the Arboredum just on time to watch the 20kers depart. Then I started warming up, greeting friends, even Doc and amazing runner, Logan Sherman whose strides show before race were a perfect inspiration. 

Starting line for a “whole 10k” around 6.25 miles. No way were they going to miss the course this year as it happened previous year. So we started. I needed to focus on getting in the 10k zone, no matter my pace, no matter other runner’s pace. Couple miles on, I got to pass few runners and amazing kid, Jorge Mejia's. Turning back on the trail side for a while, then little turn and I ended up on the paved trail facing coming 10k runners. Something wasn’t right… 

Where were 10k runners going? Oh! They were up there! I missed a turn. So I had to keep calm, even take a couple walking breaks and find way back to 10k course. Once there, I passed few runners again including amazing Jorge Mesias' runner and got to cross finish line very out of breath, which means I wasn't taking really easy.


Once I recovered breath, I went for a little cool down against 20k finishers. I didn't want to check results, however I took a little look and surprisingly I found I got 3rd Master, and then another surprise, they called me for the awards and they are sending me a check! 

Exceeding expectations race, not only Coins for the Mental and Physical Buckets, but also for family (husband taking care of finances these daysJ)

Running, 90% mental and 50% physical! 
RUN HAPPY OR DO SOMETHING ELSE

ps: Thanks Francisco Pullido for the chat, great pictures and support at the finish line


No comments:

Post a Comment