RoxyIN

RoxyIN

Monday, March 16, 2015

Dash Down Greenville 2015 – A Dream Without a Deadline

A DREAM written down becomes a GOAL.
A GOAL broken down into steps becomes a PLAN.
A plan backed by action makes your DREAMS come true.

Dash Down Greenville 5k. One of the Dallas’ classics with St. Patricks’ parade after the race.

“What is your goal? Under 21?” husband asked me, the running mom, on our way to the race. “I do not know. I am going to push to see what I have. I do not have any time goal, yet.” The typical response from runners when we are not interested to sharing any personal detail, feeling, thought, concern, hope...


Son & Mom together at the starting line. Gunshot! and son flying away from Mom. All speedies on Greenville downhill. Around ¾ mile, when I spotted my son. He looked relaxed with arms and legs moving in symphony. “Maybe he is thinking he is playing a song on his oboe?” Nick always tells me different things he thinks while running. Sometimes out of space in a cosmic battle. I kept watching and listening his breathing in silence. At the corner of Caruth Haven Ln., I patted him on his shoulder, “You look good. Follow me!”.


Southwestern Blvd. hill down before turning way up on Skillman St. As son didn't pass mom, it was on mom’s to keep the pace. Even any faster, this running mom felt the second half of the race mentally faster, filled with those “burning muscles”, “losing legs control”, “getting out of breath” sensation and thinking “What the heck am I doing here?” 


Finally! Mom crossed the finish line in 22:04 clock mark and turned around looking back for son. Waiting for him gave the the chance to catch some breath and fully enjoy my son's Olympic finish, while cheering and jumping over him with a big hug. A dream coming true. Simply delicious!

As a running mom, I dream about sharing more runs, training sessions and races with my son. That we help and push each other to get better and have fun. That we share those runner’s talks and conclusions, and that I create a passion my son will keep for life. 

For sure I would love Son & Mom’s 5ks under  20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15 and faster, and eventually we are going to set those goals. 

However as the famous quote says “A goal is a dream with a deadline” and as a running mom I do not have any deadline. My dream is forever!








No comments:

Post a Comment