RoxyIN

RoxyIN

Sunday, February 23, 2014

High 5! for Cowtown 2014 10k

“A great man (or woman) is always willing to be little.” 
 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.
 Saint Augustine

Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.
 Confucius

Cowtown is a wonderful running event in DFW area. Always full or friends competing at the different races. As a personal running tradition I feel so happy about both my son Nick and I being able to run the 5k for the 3rd year in a row and me the 10k for the 5th year, respectively.

Even I started my running tradition with other couple races, such as Turkey Trot and Gary Burns, different events, other races, family and injuries pulled me from being able to keep my loyalty as Cowtown's.

This year rather than starting at the very front chasing fastest runners, I decided to start little bit behind in order to be able to catch a decent pace without getting hurt for trying to race with something I still do not have. It was a great decision that not only kept me SAFE but also let me feel SOUND, enjoy the race, finish STRONG and with a BIG smile.

This strategy worked perfect. Even chip time/pace are far and further from my "under 40'", after suffering some "running body shocks"  I got to learn BIG lesson. Am I taking "EZ"? No, not really. Just learning to enjoy the journey, that is ALL THAT MATTERS!!!



ps: runner at the end thanked me for pacing him! plus unexpected jewel besides finisher medal, I'll get AG one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment